Things That Scare Me
There are a bunch of things in “modern” JS that irrationally scare me. I’m going to make a list of them so I can tackle them one by one. Earlier this morning I mentioned I wanted to learn ES6 techinques one-by-one, so here’s a good hitlist of things I should attack.
JS Syntax Stuff
.map()I don’t know why this scares me. I also don’t know what it does.
- Arrow functions. There’s not a lot here, but it scares me.
requiresyntax for modules. Or is it
import? I don’t know
- JSX. Okay that’s probably going to be a big scary one.
- The canvas element
.filter()a little bit
- Functional programming
- Rotating an array (WHY??)
- Writing fizz buzz
- Other popular job interview whiteboard things, probably involving recursion
- threeJS (or whatever it’s called… it’s a render library)